Used in all areas of machine tool and plant construction where fast and precise torque building and positioning are required.
The electronically programmable clamping system EP&S3 is used in all areas of machine tool and plant construction where fast and precise bolting and positioning processes are required. BERG offers the electronically controlled servo drive with flange-mounted gear for this task, which can be programmed via the selected parallel interface / Profibus DP interface.
The servo motor traverses the idle stroke to the clamping position very quickly at maximum speed, in order to then apply the clamping jaws for the actual clamping process at low rotational speed and to build up the clamping torque controlled via the motor current.
The resolver system integrated in the servo motor makes it possible to dispense with all external path measuring systems and initiators. Only a simple, clearly defined electric interface remains for the machine controls and for the mechanical design of the drive, which has to be adapted to the respective task.
Functional features A multitude of possible functions enables individual, flexible adaptation to all automatic clamping and positioning tasks:
- Due to the self-contained clamp controls, the user does not have to care about the internal details of the clamping system. Clamping functions are exclusively invoked by the higher ranking control system
- The profiles of the different workpieces can be filed in the clamp control system and then individually invoked
- Automatic sequences integrated in the clamp control system allow absolute operating reliably without proximity switches
- Maximum protection of the device is ensured as a result of the controlled contact in the fixed stops – even in unclamped position
- Minimum cycle times can be achieved as a result of the independent rotational speed for the idle run and clamping process
- The device is checked for smooth running at every clamping/unclamping process
- Manual inching function for unclamping and clamping
- Re-tensioning function
- Each selected function is acknowledged following its execution
- Precision of the clamping torque +- 10% of the set value
- Protection type IP65, switch-on duration 60% switch-on duration S3
- Parameterisation software used to change the clamping parameters (torques, paths, speed)
Functional features of Profibus DP interface The version with Profibus DP interface does not require the D/A converters used to enter the set point value and no time consuming hardware wiring has to be performed. Essential additional functional features of the above include the following:
- The clamping parameters in the PLC program of the machine control system have been changed. A PLC function module is available for optimum interface handling. The drive relevant set point values are transferred directly within the program.
- Fast transfer of the I/O data
- Diagnosis data is taken over directly in the machine control system
- Fast, flexible adaptation to specific requirements of the individual applications during the project planning
For more information regarding this item (BERG EP-S3 Programmable Clamping Systems) or other items, fill out the form below
or contact our office directly:
Location: 304 North Main St, Suite 104, Rockford, IL 61101-1101 USA
BERG Spanntechnik is a leading supplier of Capto grippers and clamping systems.
The BERG AS-Interface clamping and chucking systems are intended for clamping various tools/dies on press slides and black holders, and for sliding table clamping and gripper rail couplings on multiple die presses. They are used on new machines and for retrofitting automatic clamping systems in existing press lines.
Hydraulic power stations for quick die clamping systems are designed for actuating hydraulic clamping elements in the forming presses. A large number of electro-hydraulic (HA) or air-hydraulic power stations (HAL) are available depending on the use of the clamping elements and/or hydraulics on the press plunger or on the table, as well as the number of clamping elements.
BERG-Spanntechnik offers an extensive range of power operated chucks and hydraulic cylinders which meet all the requirements of modern CNC lathes as there are effective clamping force, attainable numbers of rotation, and precision, as well as center hole width for bar stock.
Clamping force measuring gauges for pallets are intended to quickly measure the holding force of individual clamping heads. Pallet clamping adapters are per-application based, and are fitted according to the specifications of the customer's pallet system. Clamping adapters can be or have been provided for various pallet systems: BERG, Rohm, Mazak, OTT, Schunk, Erowa, and others.
The self-limiting clamping system for Coromant Capto tools developed by BERG Spanntechnik is used in conjunction with Coromant Capto clamping sets. In this solution the wedge drive is rigidly connected to the clamping set via a drawbar.
The self-limiting clamping system for HSK tools developed by BERG Spanntechnik is used in conjunction with the proven HSH clamping sets. In this solution the wedge drive itself is rigidly connected to the clamping set via a drawbar.
The self-limiting clamping system for quick-release taper tools developed by BERG Spanntechnik is used in conjunction with the proven SSK clamping sets. In this solution the wedge drive itself is rigidly connected to the clamping set via a drawbar.