Technical Applications Trainee
Technical Applications Trainee
TAC Rockford’s Technical Applications Trainee position is an excellent next step for an individual seeking a long term career in a technical field. This entry-level position is best suited for an individual who is technically-minded and a fast learner. The Technical Applications Trainee will work closely with our customers to help determine how our products can help solve their problems – a rewarding experience for the dedicated professional who joins the TAC team. Extensive on-the-job training will be a continuous part of this position.
How to Apply
E-mail your resume, cover letter, and employment/education history form (download below) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete applications sent via e-mail will be considered.
- Develop an understanding of the unique mix of products TAC Rockford offers; apply this understanding to solve the unique challenges of our customers
- Respond to inbound customer inquiries via telephone, e-mail, and website forms
- Prepare quotations and proposals; proactively follow up on them
- Communicate with an international supplier base (request pricing, convey technical specifications, etc.)
- Coordinate pre- and post-sales technical assistance; troubleshoot customer concerns; follow-up with customers to ensure satisfaction
- Assist with prototype and short-run production projects
- Special projects and additional duties as required
What You'll Learn
- International parts sourcing techniques
- 3D CAD design and 3D printing
- Creating manufacturing drawings
- Understanding of GD&T (geometric dimensioning and tolerancing)
- Assembling prototype designs
- Utilizing CAM software to operate CNC machines
- Extensive insight into modern high-tech manufacturing
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Attention to detail and focus
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new information
- Ability to handle the unusual and make decisions with minimal direct supervision
- Technical aptitude
- Strong computer proficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate on ideas and projects
Desirable Qualifications (preferred, but not required)
- Associate’s or bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience)
- Previous experience in customer service/sales
- Knowledge of production processes/experience in manufacturing
- Prior experience at a company with similar mechanical or technical products
- Experience working with customers and suppliers outside the United States
- CNC/cutting tool background or knowledge
- Graphics software experience (CAD or otherwise)
- Familiarity with industrial components (motors, pumps, valves, encoders, cylinders, etc.)
This position is full time (5 days/40 hours per week). Specific hours are flexible, but typically within normal business hours (a regular schedule is required).
In addition to competitive pay, this position includes benefits such as paid time off, paid holidays (at TAC, your birthday is a holiday), long-term disability insurance, and a 401k retirement plan with generous company match. This position does not offer health insurance.
About Our Company
Founded in 1991, TAC Rockford is a small family-owned company that is active in the community. We are located in an historic building in Rockford’s downtown River District. We chose this location to make a commitment to the success of Rockford’s downtown community — and because it is a great place to work.
We offer innovative products for machine tools to an international customer base. Our customers appreciate our technical expertise and unique solutions that are typically not available from other industrial suppliers.
Most of our customers produce “metal products” for the automotive, aerospace, machine tool, and other sectors. Our customer base includes companies that manufacture everything from guitars to spacecraft. Our international customer base is growing as well, with customers in many European and Asian countries. We work with established manufacturers such as Boeing and Caterpillar and emerging companies such as Tesla, as well as other companies of all sizes that form the backbone of manufacturing all over the globe.