Technical Customer Service Specialist
The Technical Customer Service Specialist at TAC Rockford will help our customers manage the complexities of obtaining hard-to-find replacement parts from far-flung corners of the world.
The diversity of the challenges our customers send our way is at times astounding. We’re looking for that special someone that can actively understand these challenges through effective questioning and listening skills — someone who communicates with an enthusiasm and confidence that gives our customers a “this person will help me” experience.
What that means is that this position requires a passion for solving problems, taking ownership, and a drive for helping others. We are essential problem solvers for our customers — a rewarding experience for the dedicated professional who joins our team.
We also want you to grow with us. We expect the Technical Customer Service Specialist to develop a broad understanding of our capabilities and customers and to effectively articulate the value we provide in a way that resonates with customers.
Perhaps most important: we need an independent self-starting learner. To be able to handle the variety of needs our customers have, expect extensive on-the-job learning to be a continuous part of this position. We can guarantee you’ll learn something every day!
We also care about where we are. TAC Rockford is located in an historic building in Rockford’s downtown. We’ve been downtown for over 10 years; we chose this location as an ongoing commitment to the success of Rockford’s downtown — and because it is a great place to work.
How to Apply
E-mail your resume, cover letter, and employment/education history form (download below) to email@example.com. Only complete applications sent via e-mail will be considered.
A Day In the Life of a Technical Customer Service Specialist
- Champion customer needs from first contact to post-sale
- Respond to inbound inquiries via telephone, e-mail, and website forms
- Ongoing interaction with customers to clarify needs
- Engage our extensive international vendor base
- Provide timely and accurate quotes; take customer orders
- Proactively promote TAC Rockford capabilities
- Occasional hands-on duties (must have ability to lift up to 50 lbs)
- General office responsibilities (filing, record-keeping, database clean-up, maintenance, etc.)
What you need to bring
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to establish rapport quickly
- Computer proficiency (business applications, internet search, etc.)
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience (technical discipline preferred)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; ability to adjust communication style appropriate to the audience
- Ability and desire to learn quickly; build and utilize knowledge gained from experience
- Adept in creatively solving problems
- Mechanical/technical aptitude
- Strong organizational and time management skills, especially in a multi-tasking environment
Desirable Skills/Background (preferred, but not required)
- Experience working in an office environment
- Industrial inside sales/customer service experience
- Experience in manufacturing-related industry
- Knowledge of the industrial distribution industry or supply chain systems
- Familiarity with machine components (hydraulics, motors, pumps, valves, encoders, cylinders, etc.)
- Foreign language proficiency (Spanish, German, Italian, French)
About TAC Rockford
Founded in 1991, TAC Rockford is a small family-owned company that is active in the community.
We offer innovative products for machine tools to an international customer base. Our customers appreciate our technical expertise and unique solutions that are typically not available from other industrial suppliers.
Most of our customers are in the automotive, aerospace, machine tool, and other industrial sectors. Our customer base includes companies that manufacture everything from guitars to spacecraft. Our international customer base is growing as well, with customers in many European and Asian countries. We work companies of all sizes that form the backbone of US manufacturing: established companies such as GM, Boeing, and Caterpillar as well as emerging ones such as Spacex and Tesla.
In addition to competitive pay, this position includes benefits such as paid time off and holidays (at TAC, your birthday is a holiday) and a 401k retirement plan with a generous company match.
Depending on an applicant's preferences, this position may be 35-40 hours/week.