Technical Customer Service Specialist
The Technical Customer Service Specialist at TAC Rockford is responsible for customer communications including: responding to inquiries for product information, explaining product technical features, providing quotes, and suggesting related items. Every day will bring new and diverse customer challenges.
For a professional with a technical background, this is an opportunity to work with an amazingly global customer and supplier base. Virtually every day will involve international emails and phone calls. A supplier can be in Texas with product going to a manufacturing plant in Korea, or from Germany to an aerospace company in Seattle, or from Rockford to a machine builder in Austria.
Duties and Responsibilities
Many products we provide are “engineered” solutions that require knowledge of machine tools. In addition, we supply a broad variety of industrial components to a highly diverse customer base. The Technical Sales Specialist needs to have the ability to interpret what customers need (even if they don’t know exactly how to ask for it).
Day-to-day tasks include:
- Fielding customer inquiries via telephone, fax, and email
- Coordinating with suppliers, engineering, and customers to provide solutions
- Relationship-building with existing and new customers
- Communicating concepts and benefits of products to customers
- Contacting customers to follow up on quotes and identify additional opportunities
Occasional customer visits may be needed to assess needs, provide product support, and develop new business.
The Technical Customer Service Specialist will need to have the flexibility to work and make decisions independently. Important traits are attention to detail, prioritization skills, follow-up/follow-through, and a customer service mindset. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
A technical proclivity will help you better understand our products and customers’ needs better. This position will require considerable on-the-job learning about our products, industry, and systems, so we need someone with the interest and aptitude to learn quickly. A college degree is preferred, but a specific educational background is not required.
Must-have skills and experience:
- Background in an industrial or related field
- Inside and/or outside sales and quoting experience
- Mechanical aptitude and familiarity with a wide range of mechanical products
- Strong computer proficiency
Desirable skills and background:
- Experience with typical business documents and workflow (quotes, order confirmations, POs, etc.)
- Practical familiarity with machine tools (mills, lathes, etc.)
- International sales experience and foreign language exposure
- Competitive pay
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Paid time off and holidays
- 401k retirement plan with a generous company match
Monday-Friday/40 hour workweek
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org